Using Tags (Brainstorm)

Right now it seems only moderators have the ability to create tags, so I thought it would be helpful to have a place where members of the community can submit ideas for tags or types of tags. Here are a couple that have already come up in some conversations:
Regions (ex: eco-regions, countries/states with high levels of activity, hubs)
Member organizations
Common topics (Wellness Economy, Collective Bargaining, Trusts, Wellness Governments)

3 Likes

Beyond an admin fielding requests and adding tags. It looks like we can pre-emptively add some WEALL-related terms using "Auto-tagging topics based on watched words" to start creating a catalog of tags as content starts to be populated

1 Like

Although this might live somewhere other than tags, specific hubs could be world-adding watch words i.e., California Hub, East Africa hub etcetera

It looks like we can pre-emptively add some WEALL-related terms
Nice.

We should talk about some guidelines about what words should be elevated to that status automatically.

specific hubs could be world-adding watch words

There is a convo about this going on in the brainstorm post, I’ll wait for that to settle itself out before building out anything new.

I added nested tags for a couple of categories:
WEAll-Level (Knowledge, Narrative, Power-Base, Systems-change) < I think this might be helpful for organizing different types of content and help people find things they interact with regularly

WEAll-Branch (WEGO, Movement-building, ambassador, partner) < helpful for tagging content related to different branches of the org

Wellness-terminology (wellbeing-economy, beyond-gdp, etc) < Terms that moderators may want to have more control over, as listed here

I also listed all member organizations, which I put under a tag group WEAll-partner

3 Likes

Is there a way that location/hub could be tagged to our names?

@clive.wychwood great idea. Looks like the discourse community opted to separate topic tags from the concept of a user tags. User tags don’t appear to be on the roadmap.

It does look like we may be able to use user groups for this. @Aamirah-WeAll thoughts?

1 Like