Introduce yourself!

Hello! My name is Kate and I’m based in Ridgeway, Ontario (Canada). I’m part of the comms and narrative team at WEAll.

I first discovered WEAll on a deep dive on the interweb. I was an eco activist at the time, passionate about mental health and I just loved the way WEAll was talking about shifting our economy to one that prioritizes people and the planet. Finding out about WEGo also gave me hope for the future!

What do you do for fun/for work/to relax? Walks in nature!

Is there a dish you cook better than anyone else on the planet? Pine nut-free pesto! (since I’m actually allergic to the traditional nut used).

4 Likes

Hi All. Michael here, from the Wellbeing Economy Alliance, based in Glasgow aka greatest city in the world!

4 Likes

Hello all, I’m Michael, currently based in the Valley of Grace (the English translation of the official name, Genadendal), 90mins from Cape Town airport, South Africa.

I’ve had the great privilege of living in 16 cities on 6 continents, including Edinburgh, where I first learned about WEAll in (I think) 2018. I first heard about this Discourse platform on a WEAll community call in April 2024.

I’ve now returned to South Africa to establish a wellbeing economy in this valley, where we have about 25k denizens from widely differing socioeconomic backgrounds.

The valley is historically significant because it is the site of the first mission station (1737) and first teachers training college (1838) in South Africa.

I look forward to learning from everyone!

789ef00656cb53b6a14b4570152d457c_L

7 Likes

Hi All We All-
My Name’s Phoebe; I live on “Whadjuk Noongar Boodjar”- the local Aboriginal (Noongar) name for Noongar Country- in the South West Corner of Western Australia… I am in Perth (Boorloo)…

Gratuitous Stock photo of the longest city in the world, full of state captured mining interests, investment and exploitation… We’re enjoying some rain after the hottest, driest summer on record…!

Amazing to see all the incredible networks and places… I would prefer to be back in Sydney, on Gadigal land, but has been just announced the Most Expensive City in the English Speaking World; so giving it a miss for now…

Look forward to being connected in this WEALL space in the otherwise surreal, Orwellian “reality” called “Life on Planet Earth” in 2024… :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil: :flushed: :robot: :pray:

6 Likes

Hello,

I am Hannah. I am currently completing a Master’s called the Global Studies Programme in Berlin. I am writing my thesis in London on degrowth and alternative economies in London. I would love to collaborate if anyone has any suggestions or ideas or needs hands-on help!!

3 Likes

Hi all! My name is Maiara, born in Brazil and currently living in the Netherlands.
I’ve been working as an applied scientist at some topics related to Wellbeing in the Dutch context (which they actually use the word Brede Welvaart).
It’s a pleasure to connect and meet you! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Hi there! My name is Holly Noonan. I recently found WeAll and am excited to be working on a project in Southwest New Mexico in the US that already follows a lot of the well-being economy principles. Crooked Forest Institute is focused on creating Adobe tiny houses on a Community Land Trust as the core of our local economy project. It will include an adobe brick manufacturing operation that is a co-operative.

Happy to have found some kindred spirits.

5 Likes

Kia ora everyone! I’m Katherine Dewar working in Aotearoa New Zealand, Australia and internationally. I’m from Yorkshire in the UK originally - English from my Mum’s side and Scottish from my Dad’s.

I’m founder and MD of GoodSense, an ethical marketing and sustainability communications B Corp. We’ve been working with WeALL Aotearoa on projects and work with several Māori systems change organisations. We only work with pro-people pro-nature clients.

I’ve also been in a number of not for profit volunteer roles including Green Party campaign and election communications here. Looking forward to connecting with the wider communities building this change.

5 Likes

Hi Ayo - ‘Upload’ from the write a post menu above works here for gifs for us! But we need the gif on our phone/pc to upload from.

giphy tree face

The link just opens a new window

3 Likes

Hi,

My name is Alan and I live in Forres in Scotland.

I first heard about well-being economics whilst working in healthcare. I am applying for funding to develop a digital platform to assess social, environmental and economic impact of ecosystem development strategies and innovative policies, projects and products.

I also wanted to get in on the best beach action - This is Roseisle

4 Likes

Dear Weall community leaders, I hope you are great.
My name is Joao Bernardo Casali. Called me JB.

I am global council member of Weall and helped to create the Brazilian Hub.

Besides Weall, I am in the board of Sistema B International and I lead the company NATIVA in Latin America. NATIVA | Embrace Radicality and Evolution Will Flow

I will be happy to get to know you all :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Kia ora koutou greetings from Aotearoa New Zealand

My name is Gareth Hughes and I am the Director of WEAll Aotearoa, the proud hub member.

See all of our updates and news on our website:

Great to see the WEAll Together initiative

6 Likes

Hi, my name is Mike and I’ve recently returned to Brisbane having lived and worked in Edinburgh for a while. It was actually over a coffee in Edinburgh with a Weall advocate that I first began to discover the Weall community.

For work I am a freelance Digital and IT Consultant, as well as founder of an AI startup looking to transform workplaces for the better, and looking to align our outcomes with Weall principles. When I’m not working I’m probably hanging out with my granddaughter or playing pickleball!

Being an Aussie I’m not sure I’m qualified to brag about cooking as I don’t think we can claim too many original dishes (except for Pavlova of course! :wink: …one for my NZ friends! :rofl:), but I have started experimenting with vegan eating recently, and I have to say I’m pretty surprised with how good my Fried Chilli Tofu is…

5 Likes

Hi guys! I am Koen, from Belgium. I am working on interest-free finance for global justice. This can be done with a passive mutual credit system. That makes it clear, that all investment needed for a just transition and wellbeing economics, can be made without the need for ‘return on investment’. That is a solid foundation for an economy that is distributive by design. Would love to see planetary coöperation.

8 Likes

Hello! I’m Brian, in Minnesota today, and am always interested in sustainability. I guess the most distinctive thing about myself is that I was raised atheist. Kurt Vonnegut is the only other human I know of in my tribe. Nice to meet y’all.

5 Likes

Hello fellow humans,
I am Vlad Bunea :fist::green_heart::o::earth_africa::snail:
Video essayist www.youtube.com/@VladBunea
Essayist https://vladbunea.substack.com
Founding Member of Degrowth Collective
Founding Member of the International Degrowth Network
Post Growth Institute Fellow

4 Likes

Hi - Cari here - living and loving from the lands of the Kuarna people in Tarndanya in so called Australia. (*Adelaide South Australia) I came across WEAll some years ago and have happily followed along for a while - excited that we are building our Australian team and connections as well !!

4 Likes

Hi all,

I am Laura Rayner, currently based in beautiful Malawi, though originally from England but my permanent home is in Leuven, Belgium. I have been working on developing the wellbeing economy at EU level for the past five years or so and probably first started trying to understand the topic around the same time the Finnish government managed to achieve EU Council Conclusions on the economy of wellbeing.

I was in Belgium for 15 years, firstly working in the European Parliament for over a decade, then for a CSO and, most recently, for a think tank in Brussels (the European Policy Centre) on this topic, also as part of two European Horizon projects (MERGE and ToBe).

Nice to meet the community, and happy to help if anyone wants help navigating the EU landscape!

Laura

6 Likes

Hello folks. I’m Jeremy Cox, a semi-retired former IT industry analyst. I’m on a new mission - to add my voice to the emergence of regenerative business, inspired by a visit to Zoho’s HQ in Chennai, India. A regenerative business.

5 Likes

Hi !
I am Nela, I have been a member of WEAll and WEAll Youth. I have now just returned home, Spain, after being away for the last 6 years, 5 of which were spent in Scotland, where I went to university (and where I became President of the Students’ Union in Stirling uni), and the last one I have been living and volunteering at the Isha Yoga Center in South India. This has been a transformative opportunity which has allowed me to grow spiritually and professionally by supporting the Conscious Planet Save Soil Policy & Research team, for which I am currently still involved in youth engagement for the upcoming UNFCCC and UNCCD COP’s. I am passionate about the interlinks of wellbeing, system change and equality with spirituality and human consciousness.

This fall I will resume my studies doing the online masters in Degrowth: Ecology, Economics and Policy by the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. I would love to connect with any like-minded organisations or individuals and look forward to re-connecting with WEAll after my year of absence!

6 Likes